Point of interest
- Esplins managed to escape (just!) from the escape room at the Christmas party.
- Esplins recently enjoyed Melbourne Cup at Luna Park
- Congratulations to Alison on her recent admission as a solicitor! - click here to see her certificate
- The Federal Court found that a real estate agency which underquoted property prices engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct and made false and misleading representations about the sale of land. Amongst other things the agency had to pay $330,000 in penalties to the Victorian Consumer Law Fund and issue a notice in The Age’s Domain lift out summarising the Court’s finding. Read the Premier of Victoria’s media release here.
- From 1 July 2016 NSW abolished several duties including mortgage duty. Read more at the OSR’s website here.
- In June 2016 the Supreme Court of Victoria held that tenants leasing the whole of their rented apartment on AirBnB breached their lease: Swan v Uecker  VSC 313.
- The Supreme Court of Victoria found that an agreement for lease that required the parties to act reasonably and in good faith was enforceable: North East Solution Pty Ltd V Masters Home Improvement Australia Pty Ltd  VSC 1.